Szabo Law Group, P.A. Florida. Bankruptcy, immigration and real estate attorneys

Non-Immigrant Visas

Experienced Immigration Lawyers with non-immigrant visa cases serving Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Weston, Orlando and surrounding areas

Personal Immigration Attorneys

Making arrangements to enter the U.S. on a non-permanent basis involves a multi-step process that can be quite complex. The information needed to successfully get through the process will differ depending on the type of non-immigrant visa being sought.

Ft. Lauderdale Immigration Attorney

The Szabo Law Group has experience dealing with non-immigrant visa cases. If you or someone you know wants to visit the U.S. on a temporary basis, we have the expertise to assist. Whether it’s to visit family or to work temporarily, we have handled a multitude of cases similar to yours. Our practice is dedicated to providing the most effective legal assistance available.

Non-Immigrant Visa Overview

A non-immigrant visa could be for temporary work, study, medical treatment, tourism, business and several other reasons. Regardless of the reason, the Department of State stipulates that those applying for a non-immigrant visa must meet all requirements to receive that status, which will be decided by a consular officer who will make a determination based on laws and eligibility.

The purpose of your travel to the U.S. will determine what type of non-immigrant visa you should apply for. There are many non-immigrant visa categories that exist under U.S. immigration law, some of the most popular of which are listed below:

  • B-1 – Athlete, amateur or professional, business visitor, domestic employee or nanny
  • B-2 – Tourism, vacation, pleasure visitor, medical treatment
  • J – Professor, scholar, teacher, physician, au pair, exchange visitor
  • BBC – Border crossing card (Mexico)
  • V – Non-immigrant visa for spouse and children
  • D – Crewmember
  • C – Transiting the U.S.
  • H-3 – Training in a program not primarily for employment
  • H2-B – Temporary worker performing other services of labor
  • R – Religious worker
  • P – Performing athlete, artist or entertainer
  • I – Media, journalist

To apply for a nonimmigrant visa, applicants need a passport, travel itinerary, dates of the last five visits or trips to the U.S., a resume or curriculum vitae, and some applicants could be asked for additional information. For instance, students and exchange visitors will need a SEVIS ID. Petition-based temporary workers will need a copy of their I-129.

While applicants can submit an online nonimmigrant visa application (DS-160), it’s not uncommon for errors to occur due to the paperwork involved, which is why legal representation is recommended. Allow us at Szabo Law group to walk you through this process. Aron Szabo personally meets with every client and spends time listening and understanding your particular circumstance. Szabo Law Group will review your particular circumstance and assist you through the complex process. To schedule consultation, contact the Szabo Law Group today at (954) 210–6054.