Szabo Law Group, P.A. Florida. Bankruptcy, immigration and real estate attorneys

Immigrant Visas

Immigration Attorney’s assistance for Obtaining an Immigrant Visa in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Weston, Orlando and surrounding areas

Personal Immigration Lawyers

Foreign citizens who want to take up permanent residence in the U.S. are required to obtain an immigrant visa. The U.S. granted more than 460,000 immigrant visas in fiscal year 2014, many of which were assisted through the help of legal representation. While hiring an attorney adds more cost to the process, an immigration attorney can assist clients in avoiding mistakes that can result visa denials and even removal from the U.S.

Immigration Attorney

Obtaining an Immigrant Visa is a complex procedure often requiring the assistance of an attorney. We at the Szabo Law Group invite you to contact us for a free evaluation of your case, whether it’s a family, employer, or diversity situation. We understand that each case is different and requires a unique approach.

Immigrant Visas Overview

The U.S. Department of State stipulates that a foreign citizen who wants to live permanently in the U.S. must first obtain an immigrant visa, which is the first step to becoming a lawful permanent resident. To be eligible to apply for an immigrant visa, a U.S. citizen relative, a prospective employer, or a lawful permanent resident must sponsor the applicant.

Two of the most common visa application designations are family and employment based. Immigration based on family begins when the foreign resident’s spouse, son or daughter, parent, brother or sister files a petition. Additionally, a U.S. lawful permanent resident (green-card holder) can file an immigrant visa petition for a spouse, unmarried son or daughter.

U.S. employers can sponsor a skilled worker for permanent jobs. However, in some specialized fields, the immigrant can sponsor themselves. Some categories have limitations on how many visas are granted each year.

In the “other” category of immigrant visa applications, a U.S. citizen can petition for the immigration of a foreign fiancé who is to be married in the U.S., or an orphan adopted abroad to be adopted in the U.S. Furthermore, the U.S. has an annual program for Diversity Visas, which follows a different process than what is listed in the paragraph below. In most cases a Diversity Visa involves citizens from countries that have historically low rates of immigration to the U.S.

The sponsor who files a petition on behalf of the foreign citizen with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services begins the process. If approved, the petition is processed at the National Visa Center where an agent is chosen and fees are paid. Several more steps, including submitting more forms, collection financial documents, and interviews are involved.

Allow us at Szabo Law group to walk you through this process. Aron Szabo personally meets with every client and spends time listening and understanding you particular circumstance. Szabo Law Group will review your particular situation and work to get you through the immigration process as quickly and as easily as the government will allow. To schedule consultation, contact the Szabo Law Group today at (954) 210–6054.