Szabo Law Group, P.A. Florida. Bankruptcy, immigration and real estate attorneys

L1 Visa – Application, Extensions, Green Card

Immigration Attorneys in South Florida, USA

L1 Visa – Application, Extensions, Green Card

Applying for an L1 Visa

L1 visas are very complex and require extensive preparation, skill and experience that we as immigration attorneys possess, including:

Form I-129 (Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker) is one part of the L1 visa process.

L-Supplement along with I-129.

Supporting documents and evidence that we analyze and put together.

L visa application does not start until I-129 is approved.

Unless you are doing a Change in Status, the L1 visa application will be in your home country’s consulate.


L1A is initially issued for 3 years (unless you are a new company 1 year).

L1A can be extended 2 separate time for a period of 2 years each. Maximum legal stay is 7 years.

L1B is initially issued for 2 years.

L1B can be extended 2 separate times for a period of 1 year each. Maximum legal stay is 5 years.

Keep in mind that for a new US office the initial period is 1 year.

Greenc Card and U.S. Citizenship

The L1 visa is a non immigrant visa and does not automatically lead to Green Card. However, we can help you perform an Adjustment of Status or we can help you obtain an Immigrant visa abroad and get you qualified for a Green Card depending on your circumstances.

Getting an approved L1 Visa petition is time consuming, highly technical and complex. If you have any questions about the process or your particular circumstances and need help finding out how you can immigrate to the United States, feel free to get in touch with us via phone +1 (954) 210-6054 or e-mail us at: [email protected] and we will do everything in our power to help you and your family move as quickly as possible and make the United States of America your home.